The Canadian privacy provisions are based on CSA International's Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information, recognized as a national standard in 1996. The Standard addresses the ways in which organizations collect, use and disclose personal information. It also addresses the rights of individuals to have access to their personal information and to have it corrected if necessary.
Maylaf Consulting Services Ltd, hereinafter referred to as MCS.CA, abides by these principles and we feel strongly about the privacy rights of our visitors. The following outline will state our policy regarding your rights to privacy.
1. Accountability: All sensitive information of any type is deleted from the web server regularly and promptly; any records needed to complete a transaction or to maintain normal, private business and tax records are kept on a non-public system that is physically and logically separate from the public web server, and guarded by multiple protective devices.
2. Identifying Purposes: MCS.CA collects no private, personally identifiable information about you surreptitiously. There is no requirement that you provide any personal information whatsoever in order to use the information and services on this site. You may use this site in total anonymity if you wish. The purposes for which personal information is collected is strictly to communicate with you or to provide a service you requested. This information is never given out, sold to third parties, or used for spamming or for any purpose other than what you intend. For example, if you provide an email address or mailing address to receive an art print, the only thing this address will be used for is to send you the print.
3. Link List Consent: When you join any of the MCS.CA link lists, you acknowledge and consent to the use and disclosure of the information you provide. For example, the email Address, Website Address or any other information you want listed as part of your link will be publicly displayed on the MCS.CA website.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention: Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Because our customer's financial transactions are infrequent WE DO NOT STORE any customer credit card billing information anywhere. Customer data is never stored on the server's drives. Personal information is retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
6. Opting Out: If you choose to withdraw any personal information simply E-mail us stating the information you want removed: For example, if you want to unsubscribe from a link list, simply state the list and the information you want removed. Once your withdraw/delete request has been received at MCS.CA your personal information will be purged from our records within 48 hours. Once your delete request has been processed, you will not be contacted by MCS.CA again.
7. Individual Access: Upon request, an individual will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information. The individual will be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate. Once the amended information has been submitted to MCS.CA it will be updated within 48 hours.
If you have any questions or concerns about anything you have seen here, or about anything relating to your privacy, please do not hesitate to let us know. You may address any
e-mail to us for our immediate attention to: email@example.com.